Friday, June 20, 2008

DC Summer


It's been a while since our last post, but we've been SUPER busy! What a summer! To start off, JD has been working for Senator Reid for about a month. He is a part of the Democratic Policy Committee. It's been a super cool experience so far. Today was one of the big hearings. I was able to attend and it was really interesting. The medical expert that testified in the Erin Brockovich case testified today. Check out the news article!

I have been busy with my summer job. I've loved it. I help teens with disabilities in the inner-city to prepare for and find jobs. I teach interviewing skills, visit students on job sites, teach proper behavior, and how to dress appropriately. I am working for the Marriott Foundation. It's been a great eye opening experience. There are such awful conditions in DC. I've been in the area and in the schools and it is appauling that there are kids in the United States who receive such poor education. The schools floored me. Deplorable. But though the kids have no idea what proper behavior is, they are still the same as the kids in the rest of the US. They are great.

We haven't done a ton of touring yet, but have some things planned. We are just enjoying learning about regular life here. It's sooo different from Montana!

As soon as we take some pictures (we keep forgetting to bring the camera with us) I'll post them.
Stay tuned.....

4 comments:

  1. Bout time you updated us! Been wondering what you've been up to. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible experience. Take lots of pictures so the rest of us can live vicariously through you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun out there and such amazing experiences. You are so lucky to be right there and experience it all! Miss you guys tons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Santini's! Your lives sound fabulous! I'm so glad you're getting to do such awesome things! I know you're super busy so you probably won't see this for a while, but JD-I'm getting married! FINALLY! :) October 10th is the day and then I move to Canada! crazy! Hope to talk to you soon!

    ericka

    ReplyDelete