Today JD and I 'happened' to be at Mom Santini's office when Elder Holland 'happened' to be there. It was great to meet him!

JD, Mark, and I went to Mama Mia for my birthday at the National Theater.

My sweetie.

I love musicals!

JD and I got a tour of the capitol building. This is a picture of the first Supreme Court chamber.

We were in the Senate building and thought we'd stop by to give O'bama some pointers. It would have taken too long, so we just took a picture. :c)

We met with the ambassador of Malaysia for lunch in the House dining room. She was a delightful woman and probably one of the smallest women I've met!

More of the Capitol building.

Statue of Brigham Young in one of the main halls in the Capitol.

We are standing on the direct center of DC. All of the streets build out from here.

Center of DC.

We've also been going to the nieces' and nephews' summer ball games. Here is Landon and his sweaty hairdo.

Lori and JD

Lindsey is in the red.

Very fun pics, you guys. Looks like you're having an awesome time!
ReplyDeleteYou guys have been busy. How fun. It sounds like you are having some great experiences. Seeing all these pictures made me want to be there with all of you again. We had so much fun. One of these days we'll make it back there. Keep enjoying your summer what, a blast.
ReplyDeleteHey Guys! Glad we found each other too. Just wondering though...Has Megan seen "Baby's Treats" yet? I think she should.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! SO fun to reconnect with you, dear friend! What an exciting and blessed life you live! And to be a part of such a wonderful family . . . truly a great blessing.
ReplyDeleteDavid just graduated from Purdue with his MBA so I feel for you with law school. Good thing you can work and be "anxiously engaged" in your own good causes!
I would love to add you to our private blog list. Please email me your email address.
So glad to reconnect!
Oh, my email is:
ReplyDeletewilkinson_fam@yahoo.com
Looks like fun!! You are so important!!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, a memory for you (though I apologize in advance for filling this post with my comments):
ReplyDelete1 - I remember traveling to NYC together in 2000 to lobby at the United Nations. What a fabulous, crazy and overwhelming experience that was to witness firsthand good and evil being brought about in the same vacinity. It was there that I first saw inklings of a woman in the girl, fresh from home for her first time. I knew you would become a woman of influence and one that I could respect and look to as my peer and - in some ways - my superior. That premonition has proved to be true on all accounts.
I am grateful for the way your influence and goodness has affected many and look forward to following its effects for years to come.
Second, what is all this ambassador/diplomat business? Do your in-laws work in DC? Why was Elder Holland visiting your mother-in-law's office (what IS her office)? Sorry about all the questions - that's what ya get for not talking to me for so many years!
Well one night my roommates and I were really bored and decided to do a "music video" to a couple incredibly ridiculous songs. We forced JD and Mike to participate. Actually Mike was all about it. JD maybe wasn't. However, his performance was captivating. :)
ReplyDelete