So here is the last post from our DC summer. What a fun time it was! We feel very lucky that we had all of the experiences we did. Thanks to Mom and Dad Santini for all they did and for the memories.
Here is JD at the main building at the University of VA. As you can see, it is very similar to Monticello. Thomas Jefferson designed the building and patterned it after his home.
Monticello has beautiful gardens. Jefferson kept quite an estate.
There was a children's section where kids could write with quill pens. I couldn't help myself- I had to shove some of the kids over so I could play too.
We also went to the National Aquarium. It was so much fun and one if the highlights of the trip for me.
This was indoors! This rain forest had birds, butterflies, bats, and other animals cruising around without being sequestered. You walk through at your own risk- a bat could poop on your head.

WOW! What neat experiences! I'm glad you and JD have been able to spend this time together going to all of these different places. What great memories!
ReplyDelete