
I'm in the market for a wheat grinder. Anyone know about those? I'm looking for one that is a good starter model (aka- cheap) but won't poop out on me within 10 uses. I anticipate using it pretty frequently. Any ideas for brands, models, cheap places to get them, etc?
What would the world be like without internet!?!

2 thoughts-if you want to use it a lot (aka make bread for your family weekly with it) then you need to bite the bullet and get a good one. I recommend Blendtech. If you want it as a back up to use now and then-then get a manual one (which I need to to get) b/c if were in trouble and out of power-that will really come in handy with all of our buckets of wheat! You can buy a good one at Macey's Grocery store in Utah-I know you are not out here, but maybe family can get you one?
ReplyDeleteYou live in Arizona. Haven't you gone to any of those villages and seen how it is done? You just get JD to sit out back with a rock and a bowl and tell him to pound away. Cheap and efficient! :D
ReplyDeleteI'm with your friend who just posted. You're gonna need to bite the bullet and get you a good one. I got ours from Emergency Essentials per Leanna's suggestion and grandma's. They both liked it so I got one and have to say so far we love it. We grind pretty much everything in it from oats, wheat, rice, to popcorn. We have the Wonder Mill.
Mine is a the one mentioned by Rachel, though I'm having a brain hiccup and thought it was a whisper mill. I really think if you are going to use it, you need to get one that will really work. You also need to look for one that makes varying degrees (for lack of a better term) of coarseness. The one I have can grine from coarse to fine and I use the different ones for different grains as well as wheat.
ReplyDeleteMy sister really likes hers, she said it cost around $100 and it's called the kitchen mill by k-tec. I don't know if that helps at all but there you go.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I don't have any advice on a wheat grinder unfortunately, but I did want to let you know that I responded to your question on my dietitian blog. Thanks for the question!
ReplyDelete