Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reno


For JD's dad's Appreciation Dinner for NTA, we went to Reno for the weekend and had a fabulous time with the Santini clan.


We went to Virginia City where JD's great uncle is buried. He wrote The Oxbow Incident and lived right in Virginia City. This is outside of the Bucket o Blood Saloon.


And this is inside the Bucket of Blood Saloon!


Here are some of the nieces and nephews with country folk there.






JD had to get a picture in front of the sign since he's officially a James Santini too.


One of the speakers at the dinner.


Dad Santini during his acceptance speech which was so heart felt and straight off the cuff.


The whole clan


At the private reception


Then we headed to Lake Tahoe- a beautiful day!






I couldn't resist getting this picture at the NTA convention floor. Each state was represented trying to attract business to their tour opportunities.


The second coolest part of the convention was the free Skagen watch we got through the Santini connections. I'm totally enjoying it!


Here we are at the hotel- these chairs are HUGE!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! In that last photo JD needs to dress up as Santa!

    Did you know Virginia was up at Lake Tahoe this weekend too? How funny. Sounds like Lake Tahoe was 'thee' place to be this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair was awesome!! that would look perfect next to my fireplace. J/k =) Looks like you had a blast, good for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn. I wish I would have known you were so close. Reno is only a couple hours from where I live and as Rachel said, I was in Tahoe for the weekend. Even closer!!!! Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete