I saw this video on a friend's blog and had to post it. I'm curious to hear your reaction. Do you agree with her conclusions? Disagree? It's about 20 minutes long, but well worth the time.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay, first off, the quote: If you can't measure it, it doesn't exsist...... I don't agree with. Can you measure love? Can you measure your testimony? Can you measure God the Father and Jesus Christ? I could go on.... but, they exsist.
ReplyDeleteI agree for the most part with what she had to say. As members of the church, I think we already know this and we have different names for it. :D Free agency.... humility..... etc.
I'm sure if this researcher heard me, she'd say, "Ah HA! I'm right"! When I say that thankfully, there is a guarantee and one thing I am certain of and that is the gospel.
As members of the church, we know we are not perfect but we know that we can be perfected in Christ and "Come, what may and love it". :D
Life is about trials and struggles but we've been instructed in the scriptures that it isn't good enough to 'endure'. I think a lot of members think that the party and fireworks happen in the next life and they just need to grit their teeth and endure this life. We are told, if we are not happy here, we won't be happy in the next life.
It all comes down to free agency again. We are free to choose. Free to choose if we'll take that vulnerable moment and free to choose how we will react.
I agree with a lot of what she says, especially the part where she talks about having courage enough to be imperfect and vulnerable. I have learned recently that becoming vulnerable is where we start to learn and to grow. And when we have "...opposition in all things.." we need to feel the feelings that come along with it and not numb ourselves, like she said. This is where we become more sensitive and compassionate like Jesus Christ. I believe we need to learn to allow ourselves to be vulnerable with our imperfections in order to become perfect later through Jesus Christ.
ReplyDeleteps--can I borrow this?
Hey Snarfbucket! No fair making us give a response if you don't either...!! What is your response????
ReplyDelete