Sunday, May 15, 2011

Catching Up

So I haven't been the best lately at keeping up with blogging. So here's a catch-all post to fill you in on some of the details.
JD planned a sweet little date night out to see the cherry blossoms on a river boat down the Potomac. Along the way, we discovered a fish market with all kinds of seafood. Gotta love me some spicy crab soup!

The cherry blossoms come out once a year in March and only bloom for a couple of weeks. DC has a whole cherry blossom festival.

JD, me, and my sticking up hair

Remember this post? The one where we discover that home renovations are not for us? We've improved since then. We actually mounted a TV. And did it with NO swearing! 

This is Mark's room. JD and I designed and furnished it so that it would be accessible to him. We pretty much started over from scratch and added everything we thought he'd need to be as independent as possible.

JD got the news that his good friend from freshman year at BYU was going to be in town. Mari, the Stroms (Dave is another freshman buddy), and us met down at The Mall to see the blossoms.



JD, Dave, and Mari


We got the opportunity to go to BYU's Management Dinner. Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf was the main speaker because the BYU Management Society awarded him their yearly recognition award. Senator Smith is giving Elder Uchtdorf the award in this very fuzzy picture. 


Another date- Color Me Mine Ceramics. Here we reenacted one of our first dates. Except this time his our ceramic pieces looked much better!


The way we celebrate every important event in the Santini family- PF Chang's. The cause? Passing the bar. You can now call JD "JD Squared." (There's your math humor for the day).


JD scored a basically free trip to West Virginia to go white water rafting. We stayed overnight in this little cabin that was just big enough for a bed. It was soooo cute!


"Wetsuits strongly recommended." What the HECK was I getting myself into?!

The nerves only increased when we were handed helmets.

"It was nice knowin' ya!"

Don't let that smile fool you. I was terrified.

Stopping for lunch. So far, still alive!

The rapids quickly won me over. So. Much. Fun!


Sign me up again! Total thrill! The highest class rapid we encountered were several class 5 rapids. Good thing I didn't know this before, but class 6 is the highest that you can go.

Carrie- does this picture look familiar? We snagged it off of your blog. We surprised Dave and met the Stroms at a fabulous Italian restaurant for Dave's birthday. Great food, great friends, great times.

Last week, I got to go to the Ambassador's Wives' Luncheon put on by the Church, with Mom Santini in charge. This is at the home (yes, home) of Donna Marriott. Donna is in the first row, second in from the left. Quite an amazing experience.

The entertainment was the country group SheDaisy.



Yes, home.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, you've been busy!!! I can't believe all that you've been up to and yet we never talked about it!! I would LOVE to hear about that event at the Marriott's. Looks so cool! And I have wanted to go White Water Rafting in West VA for years, but haven't done it yet. Looks like a blast. If you're up for Round 2 some time, let us know. We're in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey busy lady! I didn't know Mark was living out there! I thought he was still here in UT. How in the world am I ever going to get you back here in UT? I was really hoping to use Mark as a pawn! :D

    That cherry blossom ride looks amazingly fun but FREEZING!

    White water rafting. I'd leave floaties in the bottom of the raft..... or my wet suit....... no thanks!

    Dinner in such high society. You use which fork for what?? :D

    Cool seeing Pres. Uchtdorf. A few years ago we were only a few rows from him at a rodeo here in SLC. Very cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you're so impressed with the home. That's what my bedroom looks like. Sniff.

    Meanwhile...I'm always so interested and amazed at the adventures you have/go on! And somewhat envious because, as I've noted more than once, the most exotic place I ever go to is the International Aisle at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete