Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas


A couple of days ago, I woke up early in the morning and rolled over to snuggle with my honey. As I nestled into his side, Faith woke up. She started rolling, kicking, and fluttering. JD was situated where his arm could feel every movement. About 15 minutes later, he had his hands on my belly talking to her in the voice that only grown men use when talking to their own little baby. It was a perfect moment. 

I've wondered over the last several years if JD and I would ever share such a moment. I feel so incredibly blessed.

One of my favorite quotes comes from Elder Holland:


"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."

I know that this is true. And this season for me celebrates that message. Because of Jesus Christ- His birth, His life, and His resurrection- 'good things' come. 


So my Christmas wish is that you will feel an increase of hope in good things to come. That your hearts will be strengthened as you wait on His timing. And that the many blessings we have all been given will be easy to recognize and easy to rejoice in.

3 comments:

  1. Mae Mae, What a beautiful moment!

    We love you guys!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote. I feel blessed to read that post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet!! It's a moment to remember!

    ReplyDelete