Sunday, November 9, 2008

Surprise Un-Birthday Party

On Nov. 1st, we celebrated JD's 30th birthday. Yes, his real birthday is Dec. 1st, but last year the finals looming made it a little more difficult to kick up our heels and party. So, I decided to take the challenge and throw a surprise party for the man who seems to always figure any other surprises I try to pull off.






Here is his first reaction. Looks mighty confused!! Can I just say I got him goooood!!!







































The next picture is JD wearing his party hat. The party was pirate themed. Fitting.

And of course the birthday created a lovely excuse to have a BBQ in November. I've never had a BBQ in November. You'd think it would be too cold. But no- it was in the upper 90s. In fact the heat kept popping the balloons.






Cute Kate






Some of the party crew- someone must have said something very intellectual and thought provoking here. Only the most dignified conversation will do at a pirate party.



I spotted these suckers at the dollar store and couldn't resist. They were the reason behind me making the kids goodie bags. When I see some clothes or shoes or kitchen gear I want, I debate a bunch before deciding. But these things were an instant- must have!

Below- Liza modeling her new frames.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Those are awesome glasses! I'd have grabbed them too. For me of course....not for the kids...

    Happy Birthday JD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome pictures.I'll never forget what JD said right after we all yelled "SUPRISE". He asked, "What's this?" You done good Santini!

    ReplyDelete