Thursday, March 19, 2009

American Idol Defense

Ok- I know Adam has some funky things going on- but I must defend my choice. I will admit that if he continues to perform like last week, he will be voted off due to not connecting with the Idol voters. However, there is no denying his talent as a singer and performer. I am not particularly into his kind of music. In fact, I doubt I'd ever buy one of his albums. (I DID buy his Black and White song- that was incredible!) But he is super talented vocally. No one can match him. And he knows how to work the stage better than anyone else. If he gets real with his audience and stays consistent, I think he will win.

Why not Megan? She's too much like Brooke White. Brooke White did awesome up to the end, but her voice is too stylized to get her to the end. All of Megan's songs are going to start sounding the same.

Why not Danny? Danny was actually my first choice in the beginning. He is great, however, he sounds so much like David Cook ( I totally wanted Cook to win last season- BTW) that I think American Idol fans will want a different sound this year. It gets boring pumping out the same kind of winners every year. I also feel the same about Lil- I'm tired of the same sound season to season- but I think she stands a better chance because she's different than last season's winner.

Who else has a shot in my opinion? I think Allison, Matt, and possibly Anoop will have a shot at the end. I think they need to up their game vocally and Adam needs to connect with his audience better (which he has been told in the past is his weakness as a Broadway performer).

That's my analysis. "Analysis" makes it sound like the topic is actually important to discuss- like politics or philosophy. American Idol is mostly a waste of time, but it is my guilty pleasure. What can I say?

4 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm really ticked! I totally didn't watch the show last night cuz I WENT TO THE TEMPLE and you went and blew it! You told me what happened. Honestly, I try to be righteous and this is my reward.....

    Not watching last night I do agree with your opinion. Sad to see Danny go though cuz that is what you're saying right? Danny got kicked off??? Bummer........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be the only person who didn't hate Adam's performance. (is that his name?)

    What's a guy supposed to do when he's given the barfy Country music theme? Lemons/lemonade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey j.d. it's stephanie curtis perrin from freshman year...your mom just spoke at our relief society fireside here in maryland. she was great! hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you guys are as into American Idol as we are. I was beginning to feel like we were the only ones.

    ReplyDelete