Dear Blogging Friends,
I am looking for secret cleaning weapons. No matter what I do to try to clean our old tub, it's still that disgusting grey color. Any ideas? Do you have any other cleaning tips? I'm talking about those heavy-duty-wear-a-gas-mask type cleaning products or techniques that will destroy all germs in its path. I'm in need. It's frightening.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay so I don't have any of those heavy duty cleaning Ideas but I just found a new product called, The magic eraser. I thought it was a joke but no seriously, it is amazing. I use it on everything. And it really does work.If you get the generic brand it works the same and it's super cheap. I use it on the walls the kitchen, I works on my stove to get the greasy grime off,the bathroom, the floors, etc. I had a bath tub like yours in my last apartment and it drove me nuts. I could never get it clean. The only time it was ever clean is when Aaron cleaned it for me. I don't know how he did it because he only used a rag and commet. When I used those things I couldn't get it clean. So if all else fails I'll just send my husband over to help you out! =)
ReplyDeleteBARKEEPER'S FRIEND. You can get it at Wal-Mart for like $2, and it's packaged like Comet or Bon Amie. But it's nine million times better.
ReplyDeleteOur landlords used WHITE GROUT in our kitchen. I repeat: WHITE GROUT. I can't think of a worse color for the kitchen. When we moved in, it was gray/brown and it's bothered us for years. Well, my mom recommended Barkeeper's Friend, and now our grout is GLEAMING WHITE after at LEAST 4+ years of grime build-up.
I also used it on our tub and it made it GLEAM white. And since it's only $2, I'd submit that it's a cheap attempt!
Oh, one more thing: IT DOESN'T SMELL.
I use it on my tub, floors, drip pans on the stove, grout, even my cabinets. (Mine are white and get grimy very easily).
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend it.
I like the good ol' SoftScrub (the gritty kind, not the gel) with bleach.
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by the Barkeepers Friend JackJen. I'll have to try that one as well!
Whatever you do, please don't mix bleach and ammonia. There was a lady in ICU who had done that the last time your sister was in for her tune-up. (although Allen swears by this combo -- with the added caveat that you're supposed to leave the premises for 6 hours)
ReplyDeleteJust a Mom talking
The magic eraser is great! also just good old baking soda and water works fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your tub needs to be resealed. Those old tube loose their protective covering after so many years so you bleach the heck out of em and then put this top coat on to re-seal it. I don't think it's very expensive and can be found at Home Depot.
ReplyDelete