Sunday, May 10, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I Love My Mom







10. She thinks I'm funny.
9. She also likes shoes.
8. She pretends she isn't tired when I call her at midnight with something that CAN'T wait.
7. She asks me what I'm going to wear to special events- not because she is concerned about what I wear or don't wear- but because she knows that I have undoubtedly thought about my outfit weeks before and that I am dying to talk about it with someone. (Should I wear my brown heels or my yellow flats?)
6. She lets me ask her disgusting medical questions that only a mother would discuss with me. (Is this funny lookin' thing NORMAL?!?)
5. She knows how many cups are in a quart, how much sauce I should add to my lasagna, and if I can bake a regular cake mix in a bunt pan.
4. She listen to me- no matter how long I drone on and on. And when I apologize that I'm going on forever and that I'm being selfish with the conversation, she tells me she likes it.
3. She knows the right things to say.
2. She knows how to love.
1. She is an example of the woman I hope to become someday.
I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day! .....and I think I found the perfect belt to wear to Allen's wedding!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet thoughts -- and I can't wait to see the belt! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have the coolest clothes ever and same with the shoes!!!! Hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, well, I did raise her - ahem.

    Besides I agree 150%!!

    Love, Gma Recht

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure about number 5? :D She knows that kind of stuff? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness she does, Rachel, or I'd be in trouble!

    ReplyDelete