Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to August

Am I really THAT far behind with my blog updates?! Where I last left off, minus the random posts I threw in, was back on our journey across the country. After we hit Memphis, we drove to Louisville, Kentucky.
Our first stop was Louisville Slugger, which is where most of the baseball bats are made for major league baseball players and teams.

They let you right into the factory where the bats are made.

Louisville Slugger made Babe Ruth's bats.


This is one of Babe Ruth's bats.



Next we went to Churchill Downs- home of the Kentucky Derby.


A lovely display of fancy hats that derby goers wore.







I think I need one of these.

They were training horses on the track while we were there.

Here is one of the race horses.

This is in the jockeys' locker room.

Not exactly fancy digs.


The jockeys warm up on this mechanical horse.



They even let us go check out where the millionaires hang out.


 



We got to go into where the announcer sits. Here is his script left on his desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment