Sunday, January 2, 2011

Summer Fun in DC Part 1

Before we got settled in, we tried to see as much of the DC area that we could.
The Kennedy Center as we drove in to see Mary Poppins with JD's parents.



Historic Jamestown- such a neat place! You feel like you've walked back in time.














This is where Jamestown actually was. The bricks mark the foundations of the buildings.

An original Jamestown church

This was an area in Jamestown where they represented the Revolutionary War.

They shot the cannon for us and I was soooo excited! I've never seen a cannon shot in real life.

All that smoke is from the cannon shot.

This guy talked about the medical procedures they used back during the Revolutionary War.


JD says that he carried water in one of these things on his mission.


We celebrated Dad Santini's birthday with an arrowhead cake I made.


It was a hit- Dad usually is not a cake eater- but he couldn't resist a cake representing one of his favorite hobbies.

We toured the National Cathedral- a beautiful building.




Here, at Yorktown, we were able to see original tent structures from the Revolutionary War that belonged to George Washington.

Yorktown is where America won the Revolutionary War.

This is an example of the earth structures that the soldiers built to hide behind as they fought.


The town of Yorktown is quite charming.




We headed over to Redskins Spring Training one Saturday morning so JD could enjoy watching the players and I could enjoy watching JD watch the players. He was like a kid in a candy shop.






I don't know this dude's name, but he's my favorite player. He spent quite a bit of time with the boy with Cerebral Palsy after the practice.

One day we were flipping through the channels and found out that Glen Beck was going to have a rally. I've never been to a rally before. We had to go. It would be too cool to miss. I was absolutely SHOCKED at the number of people who were there.




So many people that I got claustrophobic and we had to leave early. But I can say we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment