Thursday, February 9, 2012

Healing Through Christ


Have you heard of the book the Church has put out called Healing Through Christ? It is written for people who have loved ones dealing with addiction. My dad and mom were reading it because my dad works with people with addictions and people who have loved ones with addictions in his church calling as stake president. 

One day he and my mom mentioned the book to me. They said that it is absolutely incredible. They said that the focus is more on how to overcome weakness and that it applies to everyone, not just those who have addiction in their lives. Something struck me and I knew I needed to read it. I have not had the challenge of dealing with my own or others' addictions, but I have plenty of weaknesses. This book has completely changed me.


It contains steps that you follow and teaches you on a more personal, applicable level how to experience the "mighty change of heart" spoken of in Alma. I have learned so much as I have followed the steps, journaled about the topics, and really pondered about myself and who I desire to become. I have a long way to go, but I know myself better, I see changes in my soul and spirit, and I have felt the love of the Lord as I try to become more like Him.


Anyway- I highly, highly suggest studying it. I've learned so much.

3 comments:

  1. Megan,

    Who is this book by and where did you find it? I have looked on lds.org and deseretbook.com and can't find it. Thanks for the suggestion I really want to get this book so I can read it and so I can pass it on to my parents and to Christy.

    Jennelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me your email address via fb message and I'll send you the pdf my dad sent me. It's a manual put out by the church, but I don't know how to get it. Good question. But if you get me your email- I'll send it to you ASAP. It's great.

      Delete
    2. Megan--could you send me the pdf also, please? Thanks, Becky
      gmail address: wildbeckers

      Delete