One of the days in San Diego we went to the Wild Animal Park.

Hello sweatshirt! I've missed you! (A Pioneer Woman reference if there ever was one!)

It was so beautiful! We felt like we went from downtown city to Africa.

Stroke Boy and Shorty had surprising difficulty getting ourselves up on this thing!

When there's an empty plastic turtle shell sitting in your path, it's customary to get in and attempt a picture.

Poor birdie was disappointed to find I didn't have any treats for him.

Why did I take a picture of JD? Oh wait! It's a
gorilla. Sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell.

The park

We talked a
gu-zillion miles to get this shot. It was hot, I was tired, but we were NOT leaving until we saw the lions!
One of the cool things about this park is that they create natural habitats (minus fences and tourists) for the animals. So we saw animals interact with each other and roam.

They put more than one kind of animal in a
habitat too. Here are some rhinos,
hoggy things, and something with horns. And a tree. And dirt. I should be a tour guide.

Hey
Pumbaa! Not in front of the kids!


Who said the petting zoo is for kids?!
"Stroke Boy"?
ReplyDelete