Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010

Allen and JD setting up the tree.

In Montana, you use power tools to set up your tree.

Allen's always loved a power drill.

Trimmin' the tree

Introducing Benji!!! This was the first time I had met him in person. He's Allen and Cait's and the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Such a smiley, good baby.

Sangster shout out from the sis.

Our family Christmas Eve tradition is to make homemade pizza. Because of Brooke being in the hospital, we had to make due with Pizza Hut.

We always have a good time- no matter where we are!

Paige's intelligent look

Cheers!

My beautiful parents- beautiful even after 5 weeks of no sleep!


Christmas Eve program: Allen, Cait, me, JD, Brad (the guy Paige is dating), and Paige

Dad, Missy, and Luke 2

The Christmas tree

Stockings Christmas morning

Benji opened his stocking to find this delight!

Paige opening her stocking. Can't believe how good she looks just rolling out of bed. Butthead.

Cute Cait after opening her stocking.

Matching Christmas pjs

Allen and stocking

Gotta love Bath and Body Works!

No matter where JD goes, animals love him! Our cat follows him around the house, wherever he goes, my sister's dog follows him around- he's loved by the animal kingdom.


Dad's stocking. He got a themed Christmas. He is into swimming right now, so he got gifts to further his hobby.

Benji's first encounter with wrapping paper

My mother knows me- sparkly shoes!! Love them!

Benji actually started strumming the strings after opening his guitar. He's seen his Dad play all the time.

Mom and her goods.

Mom made us all calendars through Creative Memories. I was really surprised at how nice they were. Paige's is of her trip to Spruce Meadows. Allen and Cait's was all pictures of Benjamin, and ours was food themed. Who knew we had so many food pictures!

I have to admit that not only was this my favorite gift, but it was the best gift given. Paige painted this for me. Isn't she talented!?!

JD was quite excited to receive a whole series of ESPN documentaries. My parents know what he likes!

So you know how Dad's Christmas was swimming themed? Paige made Dad a speedo out of ladies underwear. It was sooo funny to see him open it!They even glow in the dark!

Our gift from Santa- a beautifully framed photo-on-canvas print of the our temple. I love it. I've never seen anything like this artist's photographs.

Well Paige got it right back at her! She's been wanting a laptop and had picked one out with my dad. She opened the box and was soooo excited. This is what she found when she opened it up. My dad had taken an old broken laptop and broke the screen as a gag. She got a real laptop, but this was funny.

Montana chic

Every Christmas since we were little, we are given a Christmas ornament. Some ornaments represent places we've gone that year (like our Hawaii ornaments), some are ornaments that remind my mom of us. This year, she took hospital supplies and made ornaments out of them. I think we about died laughing. It's been one of those Christmases!

There is pretty much no other baby that exists that is cuter than Benji. Sorry folks. Hate to break it to ya.


Here is my beautiful sister. Many of you who follow this blog have never had the opportunity to meet this earthly angel. It was heartbreaking that she had to spend her Christmas in ICU, but like she always does, she reminded us of what matters most. There were so many people who pitched to make this experience bearable for my family. From members of the ward stopping by to visit and lift my parents' spirits, family bringing meals, to a wonderful nurse who was on call Christmas and decided to come in to be with Brooke so that we could all be together at home Christmas morning for a few hours. Brooke touches the lives of all she meets. I'm so lucky she's in my family.

As characteristic of this Christmas, there was a gag gift. Brooke was in the hospital because she broke her femur. With such brittle bones, the orthopedic surgeon was shocked she had never broken anything before. So the t-shirt was fitting- it's a picture of a gingerbread man whose leg is broken off and it says "Oh snap!"

After the surgery to fix her leg, her organs began to shut down. She's spent the last 6 weeks trying to get everything back. She came home Friday on a trach and hopefully she will progress to the point where she can breathe on her own.

She loves all things sparkly, just like me.




Mom helping Brooke open her stocking.

And one last pic of the cutie.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute not to post:

    Your blog won't let me comment for some STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reason. So, I'll post my comment here. :D


    I'm SO glad you posted all of these. I giggled and laughed at some and got choked up and teary eyed at others..

    I love you all so much and I echo you. Brookie is a special angel who we all love tons and tons.

    You guys are a riot. LOVE the speedos PJ. That was hysterical and what the heck does your mom have around her neck holding her glasses? Those are quite the bobbles. :D

    P.S. You are all buttheads. No one should look that good Christmas morning!!!



    Love,

    Auntie Madussa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! What a wonderful Christmas! You got some CUTE shoes and I'm only a little jealous of them ;) .

    Benji is so cute! PS I have a brother, Benjamin, we call him Benj (no i). It seemed to fit once he grew out of benji but still wasn't as long as Benjamin or too short like Ben. I've never heard of anyone else doing it. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan -

    I just discovered your blog and have been reading up on you what you and JD have been up too! Sounds like life is going well!

    I LOVED the posts of Brookie and your whole family over Christmas! You guys are such an amazing family and such an amazing example of love and laughter! Love you all!

    Brooke (Mullin) Pohlman

    ReplyDelete