Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas in New York

For Christmas this year, Mom Santini treated the family to a trip to New York. There's something magical about New York at Christmas!


Awaiting the Sky Ride- a simulated ride at the Empire State Building

View from the Empire State Building


Madison, Lisa, Erica

Landon and Presley


New York style pizza- best I've ever had

We took a tour of NBC studios and just barely missed Paul McCartney practicing for SNL.

One of my favorite things we did was go to an exhibit about King Tut. I've always been fascinated by the Egyptians. It was amazing but we couldn't take pictures.



We went to the Donny and Marie Broadway Christmas and I was surprised at how great it was! I wasn't expecting it, but it was probably my favorite show we saw.


View from our hotel


On the ferry to the Statue of Liberty



Back row: Landon, JD, Megan, Lisa, Madison, Erica; Front row: Lori, Presley






Another amazing exhibit we couldn't take pictures in- The Bodies Exhibit. The exhibit showed different systems of the body. It was quite a learning experience.

Me with Godiva chocolate



We went to a show by Cirque Du Soleil at Madison Square Gardens. The best part of the show is that they spewed confetti into the audience.







View from the top of the Rockefeller Center








View from Mom and Dad Santini's room



Inside Radio City

The last show we saw- the Rocketts





This actually is put in the wrong place- we were able to get a picture with a Rockett before the show.

What a great way to end the trip!

Random- we were staying in the hotel where the Heisman trophy was being awarded. We were able to get this blurry picture of the trophy through a crack in the partition. 

On the way home.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. So cool. Some day Megan, some day. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm with Sarah. Someday... and it better be with ME!! :D Can you imagine us girls loose on the streets of New York........ SCARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York really IS magical during the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you caught us up on Santini life. I've missed the excitement. You guys have had a lot of fun! New York looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip! I've only been to NYC in the summer

    ReplyDelete