The best gift I got was my mom's surprise visit. I had a crummy day Thursday. My car stopped working.....again.....and I passed out at the doctor's office......again...... I was frustrated that I couldn't get done the things I wanted to, but because of the events of the morning, I felt I needed to not push anything.
That night JD mentioned he needed to run a couple of errands. I asked that when he finished if he would take me to Walgreens so I could feel like I did something productive and so that I could feed that nesting instinct. He agreed and after he returned, we headed off to the store.
JD was helping me find the things I needed and there was an item that neither of us could locate. JD turned to a woman shopping down the aisle and asked her if she knew where the item was. I was thinking to myself- "That's weird. Why is he asking a shopper instead of an employee?" I looked over and there was my mom. I about went into labor right then and there. It was so awesome.
JD's 'errand' was picking Mom up at the airport and dropping her off at Walgreens. The funny thing was I didn't wear my glasses or contacts so I didn't see her shopping right next to me several times, nor recognized her following me. It took JD calling out to her for me to notice.
What an amazing weekend we had hanging out together!
| Mom and I at the shower |
| Feeling very big |
| With Debbie- my visiting teacher's daughter (Visiting teacher hosted the shower) |
| Mom Santini, me, Faith, and Mary Jane (visiting teacher and one of the greatest ladies I know) |
| Mom Santini, me, Mom Sangster |
| We had a little problem with the cider. The recipe called for cranberry juice and 100% pure cranberry juice was used. It took almost the entire bag of brown sugar to cut the tartness! |
| Chatting with the ladies |
| Mom and I kept fussing with our hair so we had to capture our equally obnoxious paranoia |
| I've been off chocolate because of the affects on my heart. I had to indulge tonight! |
| Great food |
| Chattin' it up with JD' sister Lori |
| Couldn't get enough of Mom |
| The loot |
| Mom Santini getting everyone gathered |
| My belly's so big I could hardly hold things on my lap. |
| Burp cloths! |
| Random order- but one of the things all of the ladies did was write down advice for me. There were some really good tips! |
| Bouncer from Lori |
| Peter Rabbit book- love children's books! |
| I was absolutely shocked at how many people contributed to the group gift. Over 20 women! |
| Part of it was this darling doll from Bolivia |
| The other part of it was the Britax convertible car seat! Woot! Woot! |
| And my mom does it again- me opening her gift |
| This is a dress she made me when I was little. It's in really good shape and will look perfect on baby Faith. |
| Reading advice for being a mom |
| The ladies also tied a baby blanket for me |
| Such great women! |
| Me setting up stuff the next day |

SO exciting! I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteSo fun! When is the big day? I thought I remember you are getting induced? Can't wait to hear!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! How fun that your mom was able to surprise you like that!
ReplyDeleteI remember that little dress!! I remember you wearing it!!
Tell your mom she is wearing PJ's blog wallpaper!! :D
I love you!!!
We have that Peter Rabbit book and the kids love it. The next one you need to get if you don't already is the Winnie the Pooh book. Same size, full of all of the Pooh stories.
Big day is scheduled for the 14th with a 50% chance of me going into labor on my own before that!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything! You look great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story about your mom surprising you!! That is so cute!! You look fantastic and I am SO happy for you an J.D!! Best of luck next week!!
ReplyDelete