Monday, June 29, 2009

BC

So lately we've been having a little ant problem. But it's not enough of a problem to call someone to spray. If we keep up on the dishes and make sure not one peck or crumb of food is on the counter, we're ok. Last night I walked into the kitchen to see a swarm of them on the like, 4 dishes that I hadn't gotten to yet.

Severely grossed out, I sprayed the ants down the drain cursing them to DIE and yanked the dirty dishes from the sink. It was pretty late, I was tired, and was not in the MOOD to do yet another set of dishes. Stomping around for a rag drew in JD from the other room to see what was going on. As he walked in I wanted to spray HIM with the sink sprayer. I had to take out my annoyance on SOMEBODY. But being the great wife that I am, instead I just somehow found a way to blame him for it. "Your stupid protein shake was dumped all over the bottom of the sink!" In all actuality, it was the bowl I had thrown in the sink that the ants were attracted to. JD left the kitchen (a smart man) as I punctuated each....WORD.... SLAMMING....everything I.... COULD!!

A moment later, JD walked by and asked, "What are all of these taped notes all over that say 'BC'?" I stopped, looked at him a little sheepishly, and told him BC stood for 'be more cheerful' and it was a reminder for me to try to complain less and be more light and cheerful.

JD doubled over with laughter. "Maybe you should tape one on the sink!" "Did you turn around and see the one taped on the fridge?!"

He headed down the hall to bed, "Gee, thanks Mae Mae! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!"

Stink pot.....

6 comments:

  1. We have the SAME PROBLEM!!! The apartment we're living in for the summer in Indiana has ants all over the sink... only when the dishes aren't done. But even if there is one plate in there the ants come and attack our sink. We've called to get it sprayed but with our wonderful luck the "bug patrol" hasn't come to the apartments for 3 weeks now!!! the "BC" thing might be a good idea for me cuz I can't keep my mouth shut when I see those ants! I feel your anger! :)
    Good luck with those ants... and trying to be cheerful around them. I give you props for trying!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Mae Mae. That is way too funny. I love to hear that other people rant and rave only to have it, uhm how do I put this, not work out. Makes me feel better! Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is helarious. I could totally see myself in that story. You guys weren't here last year for Monsoon season were you? You are going to LOVE the palo verde beetles! I saw one the other night flying right at me. I picked up a piece of wood and took a swing at it and hit it across my drive way. good bating practice. too bad he got right back up and started flying around again. Palo verde beetles= huge cockroach that flys and has pinchers. Just you wait theres more than palo verde beetles as well. You re-thinking staying here for the summer yet? The thunder and lightning storms are the Best though. Once I was vaccuming when the thunder started and it was so loud it startled me over the noise of the vaccum. We should all get together when the first big storm hits and turn off all the lights in the house and open up all the shades. We did that last year with the moffits it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JD calls you Mae Mae? Oh I am tickled to death at what Levi started. :D

    We've been infested with ants as well this year in a BAD WAY and I'm afraid I haven't been very "cheerful" either. I have been known to cackle with glee and yell, "DIE SUCKERS" while I'm vacumming them up.......heathen black thorax creepin' buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. to kill an ant....vinegar. wash your kitchen services with vinegar, they'll go away, promise

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my new favorite story! You two are hilarious together. You wouldn't have gotten to those dishes so late if your rotten friends weren't hogging all of your free time.

    ReplyDelete