Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sunny (sort of) San Diego- Sea World

The next stop on our trip was San Diego. Though it was NOT very sunny, we still managed to walk around looking like cherry tomatoes.

We spent our first day at Sea World. Again, here I'm wearing the same sweatshirt.


What cutie polar bear!


Serious tuskage. Don't mess!


I've always wanted a pet penguin.


The best part of Sea World is all of the shows. It was quite amazing to see what these animals are trained to do.

During one of the shows we went to, Ross the Intern was there to film a large audience. He's using the footage for a game show on GSN. I hope to tape them and see if we ended up on TV.


Meet Shamu. His sagging fin is the result of the way he slept last night. All of you ladies who worry about sags and bags- I don't think anyone can top his!


Breakfast!


Yes. I'm petting a ray. I could have played with them all day. But elbowing children out of the way is poor form.


Here is a little duck family we found waddling down the sidewalk. I felt so bad for the one lagging behind. Every two seconds he had to sit down- poor runt.


They really DO stand on one leg!


I'm a huge turtle fan. Ever since my first trip to Hawaii and I got to watch the turtles swim in the ocean, I have loved them. Dad wrote my name on the back of Tripod the three-legged turtle on my very first dive in Kauai.


Attempted shark impersonation- needs work....


The Sea World Coaster of Soakage (my name for it). This is the BEFORE picture.


At the Shamu show.


One hungry dude. We watched as suckers who paid $6 for a fish or two fed the seals. It actually was really cool. These guys acted as if they haven't eaten in weeks.


Here is the DURING picture of the Coaster of Soakage.


And here is AFTER. You can't tell in the picture, but my head was soaking wet. I stuffed my hat in my sweatshirt so it wouldn't fly away so it was rather dry after the adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel and I probably went on that ride at least 6 times - we had a lot of fun, and did get pretty wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sea World. I have to say that is probably my favorite place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love love love sea world!! and my favorite part was the rays too, they feel so awesome!

    ReplyDelete